Welcome to the Career Center!
We offer services for undergraduate, graduate, and former students. We help students connect the dots between their interests and their future through major exploration, resume writing, job shadowing, and much more!
Career Advisors are designated to work with students from each college on campus and to provide tailored advising to meet individual needs.
In addition, we have two advisors who work primarily with 1st and 2nd year students, and an advisor who works with students that are exploring majors.
PLANNING YOUR FUTURE
The Career Center will be with you every step of the way, and would like for you to realize the importance and value in planning for a successful future.
Meet your Career Advisor
Explore your interests, values, skills and abilities
Establish relationships with your academic advisor and faculty
Consider joining a student organization
Familiarize yourself with the Career Center and our resources
Begin to build a professional resume
Investigate opportunities to gain experience, including internships, co-ops, and the AggiExternship Program
- Meet with a Career Advisor to initiate your career action plan
- Assess your interests, values, skills and abilities
- Begin to build your resume
- Explore and research majors, careers, and employers
- Develop your self-marketing and job search skills
- Gain experience in a career-related field (internships, co-ops, job shadowing)
- Implement a full-time job or graduate school search
- Stay up-to-date with your career development and industry trends